Chess's Blog v2.0

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Video Clip Heaven Times 2

Been up late the last two nights on some video websites. YouTube.com and Google's video section both have a collection of video clips that will keep you clicking and watching for hours. Some of my favorites were some crazy cats, a Japanese shiba inu commercial, a WoW video of a funny song from a musical called Avenue Q, and an amazing video of a little girl at a machine gun show. Oh, and let's not forget Matrix ping pong.

All these videos got me thinking about me making something with that camcorder that's been on ice of all these months. I at least got it out and found that I can record directly to the memory stick for up to 44 minutes, which is cool as I can just stick the stick into the computer and read the videos without trying to capture from the firewire port. The quality isn't as good (the MPEG resolution is too small for TV purposes) but the convienence is too tempting. A new digital camcorder would be much more than I would be willing to spend at this point. And it's not like I'm tripping over good stuff to make video's of. (I noticed that for a lot of these clips having friends was very beneficial.)

Anyhow, I do need to look into seeing if someon makes a webcam that can focus up close. I've always wondered about making a mini-studio for making animation clips with.

Also on my list of To-Do's is making a web page that summarizes all the projects I've thought of making. If someone steals one off the list, no problem. At least the idea might see the light of day.

Jury duty tomorrow. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home