Chess's Blog v2.0

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

And to think I hesitated...

Yep, one of my favorite lines from Hellraiser II, but very appropriate at times. This time it's for my recent purchase of a subscription to a new newsgroup server, Easynews. I have given up on the Cox news service - they never have complete articles anymore and (compared to Easynews) they are slow as shit. I haven't seen speed like this since the glory days of @Home. I honestly didn't think that an outside group could be as fast as one that was provided by my ISP (some stupid assumption that the systems were on a part of the Cox network), but that is way wrong. I got an audiobook off the groups last night that was about 2000 posts in something like 10 or 15 minutes! On Cox, even if they had all the files, it would have been something in the hours range. Question is will I go over the 20gb a month? Well, if I do, it will be money well spent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home